How To Cook Butternut Squash
Delicious squash recipe and how to cook butternut squash.
Vegetables are always a perfect choice for any type of diet and nutrition based program. Whether you want to lose weight or just address a high cholesterol issue.
Brighten Your Table with this Beautiful Butternut Squash recipe
Butternut squash are versatile and easy to prepare veggies that will provide you with rich flavor and exciting taste sensations. You can create recipes that are simple or more complex with this vegetable-the choice is yours.
To sauté these gourd style veggies all you need is a little butter and a variety of fresh seasonings,
You can then serve your sautéed squash with whole wheat pasta for a filling and colorful dinner entrée.
Stir-fry some thinly cut slices of this low calorie veggie, diced green onions, and turnips. Add fresh garlic, celery salt and some hot peppers to the pan and then serve this light and healthy dish to your family.
You might even consider pairing this vegetable with almonds, pine nuts and some wilted, baby greens.
Make a savory stew with chunks of this ripe garden produce and watch as your family finishes every morsel in their bowls.
The versatile nature of this garden veggie makes it an ideal choice for baking, roasting, grilling or you can puree this squash and include it in a low-fat, low calorie soup. There are additional possibilities including pies, pastries, jams, pickles and salads that will highlight the fresh flavors and healthy qualities of this cool weather garden wonder.
Here is one recipe that provides you with a light and healthy side dish, or you can use this as a main course for a vegetarian style dinner.
How To Cook Butternut Squash:
* 3-4 medium kohlrabi with green tops removed
* 3 tablespoons EVOO extra-virgin olive oil
* ¾ teaspoon salt
* 3 pounds of butternut squash
* 1 teaspoon of celery seeds
* 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme -chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* Preheat your kitchen oven to 450.
* Move the oven rack to the lowest position.
* Wash and peel kohlrabi. Remove the tops and dice the roots into 1 inch sized pieces.
* Add the seasonings and the EVOO to a large bowl and coat the kohlrabi pieces.
* Place the veggies into a heavy, shallow roasting pan.
* Place the kohlrabi into the oven for 12-18 minutes.
* Wash and peel the squash. Cut into four long wedges and remove the seeds.
* Chop the wedges into 1 inch sections.
* Add to the bowl that contained the EVOO and seasonings.
* Stir to coat.
* Remove the kohlrabi from the oven, flip the pieces and place the squash into the same pan.
* Return the roasting pan to the oven for another 20-30 minutes.
* Be sure to flip these vegetables at least once or twice during this last stage of cooking.
More Tips On How To Cook Butternut Squash:
The veggies should be a light golden brown when done. Add a sprinkle of fresh parsley to this dish before serving.
**If desired you can chop the green tops of the kohlrabi, season and sauté before serving with the main dish of roasted vegetables.
Post your original articles and link them to our
100 plus web sites.
We will assist you in promoting your site.
See "The Transformation",
our amazing tutorial that teaches you how to tap into your vast powers of intuition
Learn how to heal stress and overcome depression.
Self create success and change your life in one day!
From:How To Cook Butternut Squash to How To Cook Spaghetti Squash(Main-Page)