Fresh Tomato Recipes
Incredibly delicious low fat fresh tomato recipes loaded with vegetable nutrition and vitamin C over 100 sugar free low fat recipe.
There are few things in life that are as uncomplicated, refreshing and healthy as a vine ripe tomato picked from your garden. This delicious fruit is usually considered to be a vegetable, but regardless of how you classify it a savory tomato is packed with an abundance of rich flavor and healthy nutrition.
The USDA estimates that each person in the US will consume more than 20 pounds of tomatoes annually. Of course many of these tomatoes will be packaged as pizza sauce, ketchup or other sauces. No matter the form that you prefer, it is a certainty that you will enjoy this garden treasure.
With several thousand varieties available there is bound to be at least one type of fresh tomato that will become your favorite. The versatile nature of these garden fruits makes it possible to enjoy them in sandwiches, casseroles, soups, stews and beverages.
When choosing tomatoes for a special recipe just remember to use your nose as well as your eyes. A fresh tomato should always have a heady, delightful fragrance that will make you think of an outdoor garden. During the summer months there are many ripe tomatoes that are available, but if you cannot find any fresh ones it is generally okay to substitute a canned variety in most recipes.
A tomato is very low in saturated fat and sodium but contains lots of natural fiber, potassium and manganese. One tomato also provides you with a high level of Vitamin C, B6 and Vitamin A.
Here is a recipe for a fresh and tasty tomato soup that will as welcome on the family table as it is on any diet menu.
Fresh Tomato Recipes:
* 5 cups fresh tomatoes chopped (you may use peeled or unpeeled tomatoes) * 4 whole cloves * ½ teaspoon ginger * 2 cups of (fat free or low fat) chicken stock * 1 teaspoon ground white pepper * 2 tablespoons butter (do not use margarine) * 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed) * 2 tablespoons flour (all purpose) * 3/4 teaspoon sea salt * ½ teaspoon thyme * 1 ¾ teaspoon brown sugar
Fresh Tomato Recipes:
1. Add the tomatoes, cloves, ginger, pepper, thyme and chicken broth to a large pot. Cook over medium heat until contents have come to a boil. Reduce heat slightly. Allow liquid to cook at a gentle boil for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Once you have removed the pot from the stove top you can use a sieve or a food mill to drain the liquid. This will remove any large pieces of tomato as well as any unwanted peelings. * If you prefer a more rustic soup you can eliminate this step.
3. Add the butter to a small sauté pan and when it is melted you can add the onion and crushed garlic cloves. Allow the garlic and onion to caramelize.
4. Add the flour and brown slowly in the pan. Continue stirring while the mixture thickens into a ‘roux' with a golden brown color.
5. Add the brown sugar and continue to cook over low/medium heat.
6. You can add a little of the warm tomato liquid to the roux and whisk to remove any clumps from the pan.
7. Add salt to suit your taste.
Over 100 sugar free low fat recipes.
Post your original articles and link them to our
100 plus web sites.
We will assist you in promoting your site.
See "The Transformation",
our amazing tutorial that teaches you how to tap into your vast powers of intuition
Learn how to heal stress and overcome depression.
Self create success and change your life in one day!
This site contains over 100 sugar free low fat recipes
Healthy Tomato Recipes
Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe Taste And Flavor Of a Homemade Tomato Sauce
Fresh Tomato Recipes Takes Low-Fat Goodness To A New Level
Tomato Bisque Soup Recipe Delicate Dish That Is Tasty
Fried Green Tomato Recipe Baked "Fried" Green Tomatoes
How to Freeze Tomatoes is Not Difficult
From:Fresh Tomato Recipes to Anxiety and Depression(Home-Page)