Brown Rice Pudding Recipe
Tasty brown rice pudding recipe with delicious fruit and spice with low fat ingredients.
Ready for a deliciously different Brown rice recipe? Why not maximize the healthy goodness of this natural whole grain by combining it with other low fat ingredients in tasty recipes that keep you on the right nutritional path?
Low fat and low cholesterol dietary choices are the ones that your doctor and dietitian recommend. While this does mean that you may need to make a few changes in your usual eating habits it does not mean that you have to give up all of those delicious treats that make your mouth water.
It is unfortunate that so many people fail to explore the amazing variety of heart healthy foods and flavors that are available to them.
For instance you can use honey as a sweetening agent instead of granulated sugar.
If you do add a small amount of sugar to a recipe you should use raw cane sugar if possible.
Spices allow you to eliminate additional salt from your meals.
Whole grains add fiber, vitamins and other healthy nutrients to many of your favorite recipes.
Fresh fruits are a good way to add natural sweetness and anti-oxidants to a dish without adding any fat.
You may be familiar with the rich, heady flavors of pudding that is made from white rice, but perhaps you did not even realize that Brown rice is an option if you want to create a healthier version of this flavorful treat.
The versatile ingredients in this recipe are good for your heart and body. If you have any specific food allergies you can even substitute a number of alternatives for the fruits and milk choices that are listed. Let your imagination be your guide as you discover how much fun healthy eating can be.
Here is a suggestion for a Brown rice pudding recipe that even the most diet conscious individuals will enjoy.
Brown Rice Pudding Recipe:
* 3 cups cooked rice (whole grain variety)
* ¼ cup diced dates
* 2 1/4 cups almond or coconut milk
* ¼-1/3 cup honey
* 3/4 cup golden raisins
* 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons butter
* ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* ¼ teaspoon allspice
*mint leaves, raw cane sugar, cinnamon or strawberries for garnish if desired
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Total Time: 20-30 minutes
1. Add cooked rice, dates, honey, vanilla flavoring and milk to a saucepan and slowly bring to a full boil.
2. Now lower heat setting and allow mixture to simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the raisins and spices
4. Reduce heat to low setting and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Gently stir mixture every 1-2 minutes.
6. After removing from heat you can add the butter and stir to combine the flavors.
7. Pour into 6 small serving bowls and add a garnish of mint leaves, sliced strawberries and a light sprinkle of raw cane sugar or cinnamon.
Post your original articles and link them to our
100 plus web sites.
We will assist you in promoting your site.
See "The Transformation",
our amazing tutorial that teaches you how to tap into your vast powers of intuition
Learn how to heal stress and overcome depression.
Self create success and change your life in one day!
From:Brown Rice Pudding Recipe to Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe(Main-Page)